Thursday, May 04, 2006

Joshua Slocum and Me

We just did a show about Joshua Slocum. In case you don’t know who he is, he was the first person to complete a solo circumnavigation. That was way back in 1895. With almost 80 funny videos about sailing, circumnavigation and related topics available on my website, I’m surprised we didn’t cover the topic of Slocum’s historic achievement earlier.

I don’t set editorial policy on my show. My partners/producers do that. I’m just the guy getting in the boat and trying for a record. Why should anyone listen to me? I suggested a show about Slocum months ago. My partners said, “yeah yeah yeah, we’ll get to it.” I think they didn’t get it. They didn’t realize how fascinating he is.

Now that they finally got around to doing a show about him, David, one of my partners, can’t stop talking about him. He’s reading the guy’s book, “Sailing Alone Around the World.” Minutes ago, David wrote to the website forum: “Slocum is an interesting character. When Dr. Bob said, ‘he must have been flinty,’ I think he got it just right. What impresses me is his scope. He was entrepreneurial, exploring, indomitable, intrepid, individualistic AND a first class literary talent. The dude was cool.”

Well, I’m not going to be guilty of telling him, “I told you so.” Instead, I’ll write it: I told you so David.

7 Comments:

Blogger fengfk2008 said...

目前提供多種情趣用品配送方式任您選擇,有宅配到府、宅配站取貨、便利商店取貨、當天快遞配送。

8:46 PM  
Blogger fengfk2008 said...

俗語說:朋友做到死 金錢甭提起 就是友情才會長久之意,我個人不會跟人借錢當然也不會隨意借錢給他人   即然言明是借錢就是要還錢 。

5:01 PM  
Blogger fengfk2008 said...

有很多清境民宿在做旅遊促銷住宿超優惠。

10:53 AM  
Blogger fengfk2008 said...

這裡給你許多的給您宜蘭民宿新生活、旅遊新體驗,發現生活的樂趣。

11:32 AM  
Blogger fengfk2008 said...

清境農場裡有許多牛和羊在奔跑。

11:57 AM  
Blogger fengfk2008 said...

還有香舖工廠來尋找事業的第二春。

7:35 PM  
Blogger fengfk2008 said...

這家的桃園搬家公司的服務是一流的。

3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home